NAHASDA Emergency Repair Program
Funding is available for emergency housing repairs for eligible tribal partners members under the NAHASDA Emergency Repair program. The program is for dire emergencies, is based on need, and is not intended for routine maintenance requests. Emergencies are defined as “Repairs requiring immediate corrective action due to a sudden occurrence or hazardous condition that threatens the health and safety of the occupant”
New Mutual Help & HOAP Home Maintenance Loan
This program is designed for people currently participating in THRHA’s New Mutual
Help Program or HOAP, who want to finance repairs or additions to their home.
- Open only to current HOAP or New Mutual Help Assistance Program participants who have been current on their monthly payments for the past year.
- Two categories are covered by this loan:
- Home improvements & structural changes.
- Repairs that brings the house in compliance with building codes.
- Offers up to $30, 000 for repairs, energy-efficiency improvement and structural additions/expansions.
- This loan offers two different ways you can repay your loan: either by additional monthly payments or by deferred payments due when you take title to your home.
To Qualify, You Must
- Have a home through the New Mutual Help Program or HOAP.
- Show that you will use the funds to correct conditions that pose health or safety risks, to make your home more energy efficient, to build a functional addition or make property improvements.
- Be able to afford a new maintenance loan in addition to regular house payments.
For information on qualifying for a NAHASDA Repair Request or if you’re interested in a NMH Home Repair Loan call our offices at 907-780-6868 or if you’re outside of Juneau, toll free at (800) 241-6868.