Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority’s Transitional Housing program is designed to provide rental units to Native families that are in need of temporary housing in Juneau. The Transitional Housing program gives families up to 6 months of temporary housing at the Harbor Inn or Gajaa Hit. The Harbor Inn offers 6 hotel type rooms which are fully furnished, each with a private kitchenette and bathroom, basic cable, local telephone, and high speed internet. Gajaa Hit offers two 2 bedroom apartment style units which are also fully furnished. Gajaa hit does not offer telephone, cable, or internet service. Rent is a fixed charge of 30 percent of adjusted household income. At a minimum, to be eligible for this program at least on household member must be able to provide proof that they belong to a federally recognized tribe. Other program rules and requirements may apply. For more information or if you would like to apply for a rental unit, please contact us.
For additional Information, please contact us at:
5446 Jenkins Drive.
Juneau, AK. 99801
- 1 and 2 bedroom rental units which are fully furnished
- Harbor Inn units offer high speed internet, basic cable, and local telephone in each room
- Rent charge is based on 30% of the total household monthly income to keep the unit affordable
- All units are non-smoking
- Deposit is only $300, which is less than what most other landlords require
- Rent is due by the 1st of the month, but landlord gives a 15 day grace period
- Rent can be paid by cash, check, and money order. We also accept all major credit cards
- Tenants may also elect to have their rent payments automatically charged to their credit cards on a day of their choice by signing up for the recurring credit card program
- Tenants may also elect to have rent payments automatically deducted from a checking or savings account on the 1st or the 10th of each month by signing up for the direct debit program
Details & Requirements
- $300 security deposit
- Rent charge: 30% of household monthly income
- All tenants must pass a background and credit reference check. If an individual or a member of his/her household exhibits a pattern of disruptive alcohol related behavior or has engaged in any other criminal activity that would threaten the safety, welfare, or peaceful enjoyment of the premises for other residents may not be eligible
- Applicants that currently owe Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority or another public housing agency for previous rental debt are not eligible to apply until the past due debt has been satisfied
- Any person or member of his/her household who is currently, or has ever been required to register, or is pending registration as a sex offender on the State of Alaska Sexual Offender list or for any other state is not eligible to reside in our units
- Any applicant or member of his/her household that has been convicted of methamphetamine production is not eligible to reside in our units
- Any applicant or member of his/her household that currently engages in the illegal use of drugs is not eligible to reside in our units
- Any applicant or member of his/her household shall not be eligible for any Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority program for a minimum period of seven (7) years following a conviction for a violent or drug-related felony and for a period of three (3) years following an eviction from any assisted or public housing for drug-related criminal activities
- All pets are strictly prohibited.
Locations of Transitional Housing
1255 West 9th St.
Juneau, AK. 99801
250 Village St.
Juneau, AK. 99801