In addition to the subsidized rental units offered by Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority, we also offer fair market rentals in the community of Juneau. Fair market rentals in Juneau primarily consist of 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartments and are offered at the market rental rate in Juneau. Currently our two bedroom rental units are being rented for $1, 175 per month, and the tenants are responsible for their own electricity. Each unit is heated by electric baseboard heat, and also has an electric hot water heater. Unlike our subsidized low rent rental units, the fair market rentals units are open to anyone who is interested, regardless of their race. The fair market rentals are currently only offered in Juneau and Douglas. For more information about this program, or if you would like to apply for a rental unit, please contact us.
- 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments.
- Newer carpet, paint, and appliances in most units.
- Deposit is only $500, which is less than what most other landlords require.
- Rent is due by the first (1st) of the month, but landlord gives a 15 day grace period
- Rent can be paid by cash, check, and money order. We also accept all major credit cards. Tenants can also elect to have their rent payments automatically charged to their credit cards on a day of their choice. Tenants can also elect to have rent payments automatically deducted from a checking or savings account on the first (1st) or the tenth (10th) of each month.
Details & Requirements
- $500 security deposit
- Rent charges: 1 bedroom $875 + electricity. 2 bedroom $1, 175 + electricity. 3 bedroom $1, 600 + electricity.
- All tenants must pass a background and credit reference check. If an individual or a member of his/her household exhibits a pattern of disruptive alcohol related behavior or has engaged in any other criminal activity that would threaten the safety, welfare, or peaceful enjoyment of the premises for other residents may not be eligible.
- Applicants that currently owe Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority for previous rental debt are not eligible to apply until the past due debt has been satisfied.
- Any person or member of his/her household who is currently, or has ever been required to register, or is pending registration as a sex offender on the State of Alaska Sexual Offender list or for any other state is not eligible to reside in our units.
- Any applicant or member of his/her household that has been convicted of methamphetamine production is not eligible to reside in our units.
- Any applicant or member of his/her household that currently engages in the illegal use of drugs is not eligible to reside in our units.
- Any applicant or member of his/her household shall not be eligible for any Tlingit-Haida Regional Housing Authority program for a minimum period of seven (7) years following a conviction for a violent or drug-related felony and for a period of three (3) years following an eviction from any assisted or public housing for drug-related criminal activities.
You can call us with questions at (800) 241-6868 or in Juneau, (907) 780-6868.
Fax completed applications to my personal fax line at toll free (866) 902-3286