As a crucial part of serving the residents of Southeast Alaska, the Regional Housing Authority also utilizes our Maintenance Department to perform critical functions for our properties and assist home owners with a variety of services to help maintain healthy homes. The Regional Housing Authority is one of only a few housing authorities that provides its own maintenance program staff and is committed to maintaining its level of excellence through hands on experience, up to date training and certifications on specialized tasks such as plumbing, carpeting, carpentry, boiler installation and maintenance, weatherization and energy efficiency standards, heating and much more.
Serving thirteen communities in Southeast Alaska, we have over 20 professional staff responsible for a variety of support and quality assurance tasks designed to provide smooth and efficient performance of our units and properties and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our residents. Some of the tasks include
- Unit move-ins aid new tenants in the process and procedures as well as familiarization
- Unit move-outs/turn-arounds and assessments
- Unit and property inspections in accordance with AHFC, HUD and THRHA standards
- Indoor/Outdoor repairs, handicap accessibility improvements
- HVAC, boiler, appliance, plumbing repairs, maintenance or replacement including install and removal
- Facility and Property grounds maintenance and management including landscaping and snow removal
- Lock replacements, fire extinguisher servicing,
If you have a maintenance issue you can call us at (907) 780-3128 or (907) 723-2271. Tlingit Haida Regional Housing Authority provides 24/7 emergency maintenance. For non-emergencies please call during normal business hours.
- Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm
- Monday through Thursday 8:00am until 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am until 1:30pm