- Are you living paycheck to paycheck?
- Do you make the minimum payment on your credit cards?
- Do you have retirement? Savings for child’s college needs?
- Do you feel like you just can’t get ahead?
Tlingit Haida Regional Housing Authority has put together our first Financial Literacy Program for the people of Southeast Alaska. Financial Skills Specialist, Dawn Wesley, travels in a mobile classroom style to Angoon, Craig, Douglas, Juneau, Kake, Kasaan, Klawock, Petersburg, Saxman, Skagway, Wrangell and Yakutat sharing financial strategies to empower the people.
Three Phase Financial literacy training
- Phase 1: Building Native Communities: Financial Skills for Families Curriculum by First Nations Oweesta
- Phase 2: Curriculum specific to the group’s request i.e., Credit, Investments, retirement
- Phase 3: One on one training with Individuals on credit and budgeting, with the goal being financial stability sufficient for homeownership
Contact Dawn Wesley, Financial Skills Specialist at email@example.com with any questions or call (907) 780-6868