- Are you living paycheck to paycheck?
- Do you make the minimum payment on your credit cards?
- Do you have retirement? Savings for child’s college needs?
- Do you feel like you just can’t get ahead?
Tlingit Haida Regional Housing Authority has put together a Financial Literacy Program for the people of Southeast Alaska. Financial Skills Specialists travels in a mobile classroom style to Angoon, Craig, Douglas, Juneau, Kake, Kasaan, Klawock, Petersburg, Saxman, Skagway, Wrangell and Yakutat sharing financial strategies to empower the people.
Three Phase Financial literacy training
- Phase 1: Building Native Communities: Financial Skills for Families Curriculum by First Nations Oweesta
- Phase 2: Curriculum specific to the group’s request i.e., Credit, Investments, retirement
- Phase 3: One on one training with Individuals on credit and budgeting, with the goal being financial stability sufficient for home-ownership
Contact (907) 780-6868 with any questions or for more information.